What is a Book Boyfriend you might ask? This term is used to describe a hero that we absolutely love beyond anything, A Book Boyfriend is not just a hero who is witty, scandalous and charming… okay yes he is those things but he also much more. He strikes accord with us deep down So what makes a good book Boyfriend? Never fear! I have complied a list of qualities that I find a Book Boyfriend should have (please adjust accordingly for your own preferences)
A Book Boyfriend :
- Must be devastatingly handsome
- Must be able to make a girl swoon by just being the room
- Naughty…. Very naughty
- Must love animals
- Is a Duke…..Okay, okay he doesn’t have to be a Duke but it helps and I do so love a good naughty Duke
- Talks Dirty – I don’t care what if it’s out right dirtiness or little innuendos if he can make it sound Dirty then I am all here for him.
- very sweet at his core
- May or may not be damaged – this can be plus in a book boyfriend for long term purposes, there is nothing better then a hero who’s pain can break your heart only to see him have a HEA
- May or may not be an Alpha – this basically explains itself, in that I love when a hero can take charge and outright say what he wants or is slightly domineering or even dominant.
I apply this list to almost all the romances I read including erotic ones when considering a book boyfriend.